Make you own mascara and ditch those toxic conventional products! Care must be taken when applying products near our eyes. Personally, I do not want to use a product ladened full of chemicals near my eyes, but I know that many people will.
Some people even suffer from itching and red eyes as a result of those harmful ingredients that are applied on their lashes. These reactions are usually attributed to ingredients, such as, methylparaben, aluminum powder, ceteareth-20, butylparaben, or benzyl alcohol. (source)
The best way to avoid exposing yourself to toxic substances is to use products that are natural and organic. Why use a chemical product when there are natural alternatives available that are just as good, if not, better?
I personally use the Ere Perez Waterproof Mascara when I go out to socialise because it lasts for the whole day without flaking and keeps my eyelashes in place. At the end of the day, I just remove the mascara by wiping some almond oil with a cotton ball over my eyes.
Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Palm (Elaeis Guineensis) Oil, Orange (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis) Oil, Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Oil, Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Oil, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Palm Kernel Wax, Soybean (Glyicine Soja) Seed Wax, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, CI 77499 / Iron Oxide Black, CI 77510 Pussian Blue / Ferric Ferrocyanide
This mascara is available at Amazon. (CLICK HERE!)
Recipe For Natural Mascara
If you don’t want to purchase mascara, you can make your own and use it within 3 months. It is very easy to make with a few safe and natural ingredients. Doesn’t take much time at all. It will darken your eyelashes without damaging your health!
- 2 tsp. Coconut Oil (Buy Here!)
- 4 tsp. Aloe Vera Gel (Buy Here!)
- 1/2 tsp Beeswax Pastilles (Buy Here!)
- 1/4 tsp Activated Charcoal Powder (for black) (Buy Here!)
or 1/2 tsp cocoa powder (for brown)
- Sandwich Bag
- Clean Mascara container & wand (Buy here!)
1) Combine coconut oil, aloe vera gel, and beewax in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted (approx. 3 – 4 mins).
2) Remove from heat and whisk in charcoal powder. Let it cool for a few minutes.
3) Pour the mixture into a plastic bag and mush it into one corner of the bag.
4) Cut a tiny hole in the opposite corner of the bag and place the tip into an empty mascara tube. Slowly squeeze the mixture into tube.
5) Use like regular mascara.
Note: Mascara can also be placed into clean containers with lid, it doesn’t have to be in a mascara tube. You can just use a wand to dip it in and apply onto your lashes. Removal of makeup can be done with warm water and washcloth or olive oil.
Either using a safe and natural mascara or making your own is better than using conventional products that are full of harmful ingredients.
Hope you have enjoyed this article. Would you make you own mascara? Leave me some comments below.